Night vision equipment is the right companion to bring light into the dark. A good night vision monocular helps you to see things at night. While animal observation in daylight is not a problem, open eyes cannot see nocturnal animals at night.
With a night vision monocular, which amplifies the extra light, observing in the night or the morning when the weather is dusk is also possible.
Night vision equipment is used by the military, the police, monitoring companies, hunters, fishers, or cave explorers.
Because of many manufacturers and many different models, the market for night vision equipment is unmanageable.
The Yukon NV 5×60 night vision monocular unit has been tested, so let’s take a closer look.
Features and Performance
- The Yukon night vision unit NV 5×60 is a remarkable device not only because of its 5x magnification but also because of having amazing capabilities. The truly excellent magnification is based on the installed lens with a diameter of 60 millimeters. Also, the device has an optimal weight and handy mass.
- The 5x magnification resolves about 40 lines per millimeter specified by the manufacturer. For this reason, a sharp viewing area at a distance of 300 meters is absolutely no problem for the Yukon night vision monocular NV 5×60.
- This device is a valuable tool for police, monitoring companies, hunters, and nature lovers.
- The battery life is approximately 72 hours without IR illumination. And when IR lighting is switched on, it lasts for about 20 hours. For this reason, it is always recommended to have a spare battery in your pocket.
- The NV 5×60 is equipped with a low-consumption built-in IR illuminator for seeing images even in complete darkness. There are inadequate natural illumination levels at night (to increase the quality and range of observation).
- Generation: 1
- Magnification: 5x
- Lens diameter: 60mm
- Field of View (degree): 12
- Eye Relief: 12 mm
- Exit Pupil: 5 mm
- Diopter adjustment (dptr.): ±5
- Resolution (lines per mm): 40
- Minimum focusing distance: 5 m
- Power supply: 3V
- Battery Type: CR123A
- Battery Life: 20 (with IR)/ 72 (without IR)
- Tripod Mount (inch): 1/4
- Dimensions (mm): 206x70x93
- Weight: 0.66 kg
- Good and robust processing.
- Easy visual adjustment.
- Affordable low price.
- No external power connection.
Delivery and Packaging
If you buy your night vision monocular from a specialist shop, there will be no problems with the packaging and delivery times. But, some matters have to be taken into account when ordering in the online market.
According to their stock availability, the delivery times of the relevant online retailers vary between 2 to 14 days. When delivered by the respective delivery service, the outer packaging has to be examined for damages. So that in the case of possible harm, including the products, recourse claims can be tackled with success. Particularly in stores that offer a gift package, the product must be checked carefully to ensure that the products have been fully packed during repackaging.
The Yukon night vision monocular NV 5×60 does not have an external power supply, so the unit is ready for operation after inserting the batteries. Diopters and visual acuity must be adjusted to use the Yukon NV 5×60. Then the device will be ready for use, and the action will begin.
In the Practical Test of The Yukon NV 5×60 Night Vision Review, we also ordered this night vision device from Yukon online for our field trial. The delivery time was 3 to 5 days, and the device reached us after 3 days.
When checking the outer packaging, we could not detect any damage. When unpacking, it was found that the night vision device was in optically perfect condition. The device was fully okay according to the scope of delivery.
Only the battery had to be inserted to start up the device (unfortunately, no external power supply available). The sharpness adjustment is effortless. The eyelids fit well to the face, with a weight of just 660 grams. The Yukon night vision unit NV 5×60 is straightforward to handle and is well placed in the hand.
We took the first test in a semi-darkened room without IR lighting. The device’s residual light amplification proved to be effective even without IR light, and all the targeted objects were clearly visible.
We performed the test when it was dark in the evening in the outdoor area. There was no moonlight, so we turned on the IR light. The focus on the close-range showed us that the manufacturer’s stated 7 meters absolutely right. No tree, no shrub showed blurs.
For further distances, we put in the markings in advance. Our goal was to have objects in 100, 200, 300, and 350 meters distance. The Yukon night vision monocular NV 5×60 delivered clear, sharp images for the first three target points up to 300 meters.
However, the capacity of the device was exhausted when the last marking was 350 meters. Although the image is not entirely clear, you could still see the outlines.
Since this device is from the monocular class, it is a bit exhausting in the long run to look only with one eye. A change to another eye can be done quickly if both eyes’ dioptry number is approximately identical. Otherwise, the device must be adjusted to another eye.
The warranty provides the guaranty of the product. The accessories, care and cleaning agents and batteries, can be purchased at an extra charge.
Comparing to the similar Yukon Tracker NV 1×24 Night Vision Goggles, the Yukon Night Vision NV 5×60 tested by us scores good marks with its good and strong processing. The simple visual adjustment is great as well as the price is affordable.
What is in the Box
- Yukon Night vision NV 5×60 Unit.
- Carrying Case
- User Manual
- Lens cloth
- Warranty Card
The Yukon NV 5×60 Night Vision Review discussed above will help you know details about the product. If you really do not need a high-tech device for your observations, this device is very well served.
One of the advantages of the Yukon NV 5×60 is easy handling as well as the low price. As a disadvantage, the device has no external power connection, but that’s not a big issue if you can take an extra battery with you.
However, anyone who always has a replacement battery in his pocket is on the safe side to use the device. The battery has a lifetime of 20 hours with IR illumination. The night is not that much longer. Is it? This device is to recommend without any issue.