celestron skymaster giant 15×70 binoculars with tripod adapter review
The celestron skymaster giant 15×70 binoculars are a splendid choice for astronomical viewers who desire clarity. Bird-watchers, hunters, as well as terrestrial and nature watchers also find them to be the most favorable to use. These binoculars offer high-end technology that is not common in other competing binoculars. Celestron SkyMaster 15×70 binoculars come with incredible features at very affordable prices. The optics are excellent, and they have unique details that set them apart from other regular binoculars. Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 comes with a tripod attachment, so you get to set the binoculars on a tripod of your choice. It makes observing easy and comfortable since you do not need to support its weight. Additionally, it comes with a tripod adapter which offers clear focusing capacity.
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros
- 2 Cons
- 3 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 3.0.1 1.What is the meaning of 15×70?
- 3.0.2 2.Can the lenses be adjusted according to the eyes?
- 3.0.3 3.Where can I buy the Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars?
- 3.0.4 4.I wondering why so many people have said these work better than their telescopes? If these are 15x, and a cheap tele is 100x why are these so great?
- 3.0.5 5.How does the tripod adapter hook on? I got it today, but I’m confused how that part hooks on? And then to the tripod.
- 4 Conclusion
- Value for money –With this binoculars, you get high quality and clear view of objects
- Cost effective- The low price is proof that to be versatile, binoculars do not have to be costly.
- Comes with a tripod adapter that gives clear focus.
- The design is attractive and good looking
- The binoculars have multi-coated optics. Thus you get enhanced contrast
- The outer part of the binoculars is soft and blurry
- Some customers complained that the center focusing mechanism of the binoculars is not stable.
- If you intend to use it for a long time, you require a tripod.
- The binoculars do not offer proper image stabilization.
Main Specifications & Features:
- Prism Type: Porro
- Magnification: 15x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 70mm
- Angle of View: 4.4° (actual)
- Field-of-View: 5 centimeters
- Minimum Focus Distance: 43.0′ / 13.11 m
- Prism Glass (Type): Bak-4
- Close Focus (Binoculars): 43 ft. (13 m)
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 4.7 mm
- Eye Relief: 18 mm
- Interpupillary Adjustment: Not Specified By Manufacturer
- Dioptric Correction: Not Specified By Manufacturer
- Focus Type Center
- Tripod Mount: Yes (Adapter Included)
- Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 8.5 inches
- Weight: 3.28 pounds
- Color: gray
- Model: 2012
- Shipping Weight: 4.89 pounds
- Warranties: Celestron offers 2-Year or Limited Lifetime Warranties on almost all our products. Read on to check on the terms and conditions of your product’s warranty.If warranty problems arise, or if you need assistance in using your binocular contact:
Customer Service Department
2835 Columbia Street
Torrance, CA 90503 U.S.A.
Tel. (310) 328-9560
Fax. (310) 212-5835
Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM PST
NOTE: This warranty is valid to U.S.A. and Canadian customers who have purchased this product from an Authorized Celestron Dealer in the U.S.A. or Canada. Warranty outside the U.S.A. and Canada is valid only to customers purchased from a Celestron Distributor or Authorized Celestron Dealer in the specific country, and please contact them for any warranty service.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1.What is the meaning of 15×70?
15 is the extent of magnification. It implies that it enlarges the focused object by this number of times. It, therefore, means the objects will appear 15 times closer than they are. 70 is the distance across the binocular’s lens, in Millimeters.
2.Can the lenses be adjusted according to the eyes?
Yes. The binoculars have diopter mechanisms, which allow adjustment of the lenses according to your eyes. Additionally, if one eye is weaker than the other, you can adjust one side of the binoculars independently.
3.Where can I buy the Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars?
You can purchase the binoculars in several places. The most popular are Amazon, Walmart, and DICK’S sporting. Just as the case of online purchase of any product, always ensure to buy from trusted dealers. To be safe, you should obtain a warranty, to cushion yourself against faulty binoculars and also for ease of repairs, if the need arises in future.
4.I wondering why so many people have said these work better than their telescopes? If these are 15x, and a cheap tele is 100x why are these so great?
The binoculars offer a wider field view than telescopes, so it is easier to observe the skies. Also, since the binoculars have two barrels, they absorb more light than telescopes with the same lens definition. Additionally, with the Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars, you get to observe with both eyes, and this feels more natural and less strenuous. They are also more portable than most telescopes.
5.How does the tripod adapter hook on? I got it today, but I’m confused how that part hooks on? And then to the tripod.
The most popular tripod adapters are screw thread adapters. You will find the binocular mount behind a cap at the central pivoting point of the binoculars. After you remove the covering screws, proceed to screw in the adapter and attach it to the tripod.
Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars is a splendid choice that comes with quality features at pocket-friendly prices. The low prices do not compromise its quality, durability, and clarity. The images are still bright and vibrant. The Celestron binoculars have been around for a long time and are still one of the most famous of its type.It is light enough for one to hold with both hands. It is an achievement, considering its size. It comes with eye relief which makes viewing comfortable even for those who wear eyeglass. For ease of portability, use a strap around the neck. Just like the other products of this kind, you should handle the binoculars carefully to avoid scratching. Keep the binoculars away from dust and other harmful substances so that you preserve their quality.