Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars Review (Updated Buying Guide)
This Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars Review for astronomical viewers who desire clarity. Bird-watchers, hunters, as well as terrestrial and nature watchers also find them to be the most favorable to use.
These binoculars offer high-end technology that is not common in other competing binoculars. Celestron SkyMaster 15×70 binoculars come with incredible features at very affordable prices. The optics are excellent, and they have unique details that set them apart from other regular binoculars.
Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 comes with a tripod attachment, so you get to set the binoculars on a tripod of your choice. It makes observing easy and comfortable since you do not need to support its weight. Additionally, it comes with a tripod adapter which offers clear focusing capacity.
Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars with Tripod Adapter Review
The 15×70 is the most popular model of the SkyMaster series. It combines a large light-collecting opening with a gripping and not too heavy construction. It can be mounted on a photo-op. With its good-natured insight, it can also be used for a short time (use as close as possible to the lenses and keep it under the eyes), its full power is played in conjunction with a tripod.
The larger opening and magnification reveal details in the sky that remain hidden in smaller devices.The Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars with Tripod Adapter is an impressive product. Binoculars with the lens opening of 70mm, high light intensity and MC coated optics is offered at an unbeatable price.
In the sense of handiness, image quality and reliability, however, the model could be in a row with the binoculars, which cost a few hundred dollars.With the Skymaster 15×70, all the important features of a solid binoculars are present.
For the people, who like to watch the sky also at night, the device would be ideal.The binoculars are cleanly processed and make a very solid impression. Its eyepieces are very soft, the field of vision wide. The supplied adapter also performs a good job and is perfectly adequate.
- Large 70mm objective lens offers maximum image brightness in low-light and long-range conditions
- Value for money –With this binoculars, you get high quality and clear view of objects
- Cost effective- The low price is proof that to be versatile, binoculars do not have to be costly.
- Comes with a tripod adapter that gives clear focus.
- The design is attractive and good looking
- The binoculars have multi-coated optics. Thus you get enhanced contrast
- Large opening objective; Ideal in a situation of reduced luminosity and for astronomy
- Adjusting diopters to compensate for differences in visual acuity
- Ultra-sharp have a central place in the field of view
- Optical multi-layer for sharp, clear view
- Protection rubber for ultra-firm grip
- Large focus button for easy focusing
- Tripod adapter included
- Long eye relief ideal for eyeglass wearers
- Carrying case included for safe travel and storage
- Limited Lifetime Warranty provides the best protection and product support on the market
- The outer part of the binoculars is soft and blurry
- Some customers complained that the center focusing mechanism of the binoculars is not stable.
- If you intend to use it for a long time, you require a tripod.
- The binoculars do not offer proper image stabilization.
So, in this Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars Review, we are going discus some technical specifications of this special binocular. Check out this below.
- Prism Type: Porro
- Magnification: 15x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 70mm
- Angle of View: 4.4° (actual)
- Field-of-View: 5 centimeters
- Minimum Focus Distance: 43.0′ / 13.11 m
- Prism Glass (Type): Bak-4
- Close Focus (Binoculars): 43 ft. (13 m)
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 4.7 mm
- Eye Relief: 18 mm
- Minimum Pupil Limit: 56 mm
- Focus Type: Center
- Tripod Mount: Yes (Adapter Included)
- Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 8.5 inches
- Weight: 3.28 pounds
- Color: gray
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
1.What is the meaning of 15×70?
15 is the extent of magnification. It implies that it enlarges the focused object by this number of times. It, therefore, means the objects will appear 15 times closer than they are. 70 is the distance across the binocular’s lens, in Millimeters.
2. Can the lenses be adjusted according to the eyes?
Yes. The binoculars have diopter mechanisms, which allow adjustment of the lenses according to your eyes. Additionally, if one eye is weaker than the other, you can adjust one side of the binoculars independently.
3. Where can I buy the Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars?
You can purchase the binoculars in several places. The most popular are Amazon, Walmart, and DICK’S sporting. Just as the case of online purchase of any product, always ensure to buy from trusted dealers. To be safe, you should obtain a warranty, to cushion yourself against faulty binoculars and also for ease of repairs, if the need arises in future.
4. I wondering why so many people have said these work better than their telescopes? If these are 15x, and a cheap tele is 100x why are these so great?
The binoculars offer a wider field view than telescopes, so it is easier to observe the skies. Also, since the binoculars have two barrels, they absorb more light than telescopes with the same lens definition. According to the Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15×70 Review, you get to observe with both eyes, and this feels more natural and less strenuous. They are also more portable than most telescopes.
5. How does the tripod adapter hook on? I got it today, but I’m confused how that part hooks on? And then to the tripod.
The most popular tripod adapters are screw thread adapters. You will find the binocular mount behind a cap at the central pivoting point of the binoculars. After you remove the covering screws, proceed to screw in the adapter and attach it to the tripod.
Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars is a splendid choice that comes with quality features at pocket-friendly prices. The low prices do not compromise its quality, durability, and clarity. The images are still bright and vibrant. The Celestron binoculars have been around for a long time and are still one of the most famous of its type. It is light enough for one to hold with both hands.
It comes with eye relief which makes viewing comfortable even for those who wear eyeglass. For ease of portability, use a strap around the neck. Just like the other products of this kind, you should handle the binoculars carefully to avoid scratching. Keep the binoculars away from dust and other harmful substances so that you preserve their quality. In this Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars Review, we reveal all the features that will make you a better understanding. If you are looking for high-performing binoculars then you could choose this binocular.