This Leica Geovid HD-B Laser Rangefinder Binoculars review is for one of the best rangefinder binoculars with its extraordinary and revolutionary distance measurement systems.
The Perger-Porro Prism system gives these binoculars their maximum optical performance.
It has an optimized ergonomic design utilizing its bridge shape with the additional integration of a highly powerful laser distance meter with a multifunctional ballistic computer.
The newly developed ballistics function with Advanced Ballistic Compensation (ABC) makes the hunter’s determination of the correct breakpoint as easy and safe as ever before. In seconds the hunter gets precise information, especially for his reticle or the click adjustment after considering cartridge, angle, temperature, and air pressure.
Its high performance compares the Leica Geovid HD-B binoculars with the Swarovski EL Range binoculars.
There are three different models of Leica Geovid HD-B available for sale which are
- The Leica 8×42 Geovid HD-B Laser Range Finding Binocular
- Leica Geovid 10×42 HD B Laser Rangefinder Binoculars
- Leica 10×42 Geovid HD B Rangefinder Binocular Combo
Features of the Leica Geovid HD-B Laser Rangefinder Binoculars
The Geovid HD-B Laser Rangefinder binocular is distinguished by its very high laser range of up to 1825 meters. It is equipped with ABC® (Advanced Ballistics Compensation) for all hunting applications, including breakpoint correction for different reticles and ASV (bullet drop compensation).
Using a microSD card, you can use your ballistics data. The models have an extraordinarily brilliant, easy-to-read LED display with automatic brightness control and offer an extremely short measuring time of max. 0.3 seconds.
Brilliant Optics For Natural Colors and Optimal Contrast
Thanks to the Perger-Porro prism, the Geovid HD-B achieves a very high light transmission as well as an extremely contrast-rich, sharp and especially color-neutral image.
The AquaDura Coating
It has an innovative nanocoating system that ensures dust and dirt cannot get caught on the lenses
Ergonomic Bridge Shape for Optimum Comfort
The HD-B models offer simple two-button operation with five snap-in steps and an open ergonomic bridge shape, which allows for a relaxed observation. They are particularly robust and light thanks to their fully rubber-coated magnesium housing.
The Ballistics Program
The Leica Ballistics program carries out calculations for the Geovid HD-B (including downloading the data), the ballistic reticles of the Leica target telescopes, as well as the reticle speed adjustment (BDC) of the Leica target telescopes.
For example, you can calculate the trajectory for nearly any ammunition, taking into account the many parameters relevant to hunting, such as the shot distance, sight line-height, temperature, and altitude.
For Leica target telescopes with ballistic reticle or reticle (BDC), you can calculate and print out the distance and click value tables. In addition, you can calculate individual ammunition labs for the Geovid HD-B programming and download them to a microSD card.
ABC function 1
With the ballistics system ABC® of the Geovid HD-B, the distance to the meeting point can be determined easier, faster and more precisely than ever before.
In the binoculars, the distance to the target and the attachment value (in centimeters or inches) are simply displayed, and the hunter can see how much higher the stain must be stopped.
ABC function 2
The meeting point correction can also be carried out utilizing reticle speed adjustment (ASV). In doing so, the number of clicks is output directly to which the reticle must be adjusted.
The output formats are 1 MOA, 1/3 MOA, 1/4 MOA, 10 mm / 100 m and 5 mm / 100 m.
ABC function 3
If a ballistic reticle is used, fast and reliable information about the plane-like distance is decisive for a safe shot. The ABC® ballistic system uses three different correction formats and is therefore ideally suited for all hunting situations.
The angle, temperature, and air pressure are automatically taken into account in all cases.
- Very high laser range up to 1825 meters
- Advanced Ballistics Compensation (ABC®) for all hunting applications
- Breakpoint correction for different reticles and ASV
- Use of own ballistics data by microSD card
- Consideration of angle, temperature, air pressure
- Extraordinarily brilliant, easy-to-read LED
- Display with automatic brightness control – very short measuring time of max. 0.3 seconds
- Extremely plastic, contrast-rich and sharp image, thanks to Perger-Porro prism
- AquaDura® coating for easy cleaning
- Very high light transmission and especially neutral color image
- Particularly relaxed observation thanks to ergonomic bridge shape
- Simple two-button operation
- Fully Waterproof and fog proof.
- Clear and bright HD imaging.
- Ergonomic “banana” shape design.
- It’s an extraordinary patented ABC system that can allow customization of ballistics curves.
- It is a little bit expensive.
- Its ABC measurements required only yards and not the metric system which is a problem in countries where the metric system is followed.
To end this discussion, all we can say is invest your money where there is the possibility to get maximum output and for that reason, the Leica Geovid Binocular is a promising product that any professional or beginner should consider.
First of all its the prism that provides the HD quality images every time you focus and it adapts to the different kinds of lights. Second of all its very light, simple to read, and easy to handle binocular. Its lots of features are easy to figure out what comes next by just practicing for a few days. Finally, the quality of the materials and the built-in structure all make this Leica Geovid HD-B Rangefinder Binocular unbeatable.