Professional binoculars users know what a true binocular means, and that’s why we think these Top 5 Vortex Diamondback binoculars reviews will highlight this.
These binoculars give you a perfectly crisp, clear view with durability and comfort, all in a reasonable price range.
All the Vortex binoculars we are going to review are Roof Prism binoculars, and they are a bit heavier than other types of binoculars but still manageable. These are an ideal option for those binocular users who need something powerful with a wide range of views to use in any weather condition.
Best Vortex Diamondback Binoculars Reviews
We have selected the five best Vortex Diamondback binoculars, which are especially popular for wild safari, hunting, bird watching, etc. See which one best fits your requirements.
1. Vortex Optics 2016 Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars
In our first Vortex Diamondback Binoculars review, we have selected the 2016 Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars. This binocular is best for those hunters who need something sturdy and all-purpose optics. It has a small hinged design with an upscale new look, which is quite attractive.
Its multi-layered prism gives you stunning views in different light conditions. It has 42 mm lenses with 10x magnification power, and we find the magnification power works quite well for steady images, especially with these 42mm lenses.
You may know roof prism binoculars are mainly known for viewing long-distance images, and that’s the reason the Vortex Optics are ideal for hunting or bird watching. It will give you a broad view of the range so you can cover the ground and detect any prey accurately.
This binocular has an O-ring sealed prism. The seal keeps the optic joint secure, so any outside contaminant can not penetrate inside the optics. This is why you can use this unique binocular in any environment and as roughly as your need to.
READ FULL REVIEW OF VORTEX 10×42 BINOCULARS
- Both optics included o ring seals prevent any dust, debris, moisture from inserting in binoculars.
- Fit for using all kinds of environment.
- The lenses have multiple coating for bright, clear, and color-accurate views.
- Compact design allows you a secure hold and carries anywhere.
- Efficiently adjustable optics and provide well quality view.
- It has a light color fringing near the edge of the image.
- According to the price range, the overall quality seems average.
2. Vortex Optics Diamondback 12×50 Binocular
Even its name and optical specification hint is an upgrade version of the best binocular that we reviewed earlier. However, the Vortex Optics Diamondback is a high-quality professional binocular.
It has an excellent light transmission at dusk and dawn. Also, it provides a clear edge view of any distance and produces steady images that are easily observed for a long time.
Our long-time observation is that these binoculars are not so lightweight. It’s heavy like other roof prism binoculars, so you have to adjust to the weight if you want a powerful magnification with a clear view. If possible, use a tripod as it’s a great solution for long-time observation.
This Vortex Diamondback Binocular gives a narrow view compared to the first Vortex, and it has a limited low and inter-papillary distance of about 59 mm. So, if you have a narrowed eye, it may not fit you. The front wide lens has a tremendous soft rubber cover that stays fixed to the binocular. Thus, it gives comfort and doesn’t become loose easily.
This powerful binocular has 12-times magnification power with a 50mm objective lens. So you can use them for your hunting, star gazing, bird watching, or anything you want to do.
READ FULL REVIEW OF VORTEX 12×50 BINOCULARS
- Consists of multi-layered prism coatings that offer clear, sharp images in even low light conditions.
- Allows a large field view for targeting the subject more easily.
- It has a clear front glass with a solid, durable soft rubber cover.
- Suitable for Hunting, Stargazing, bird watching and more.
- They fog up sometimes.
- Bit weighty.
3. Vortex Optics New 2016 Diamondback 10×50 Binocular
Here is another best-quality Vortex Diamondback binocular with an ideal light transmission prism. The Vortex Optics 2016 Diamondback has multi-layered anti-reflecting coated lenses, which give you crystal clear, crisp images with proper color accuracy.
This roof-prism style binocular is very sleek in design and compact in size with added durability and comfort. We can’t say it’s lightweight thou as it’s about 2.8 pounds, which is an issue for a long time holding.
One major thing that makes this binocular more special with its high-powered quality lens is its O-ring seal. The optics are sealed with argon gas, which prevents them from getting foggy on rainy days or other poor weather conditions.
For better protection and hand-grip, this binocular is secure with non-slip rubber armor.
If you use glass to see, then the Vortex binocular has the perfect option for you. Its multi-positioned eyecups get the flexibility for a customized fit for a comfortable view. You can position it up and down to get precise settings according to your need.
The binocular gives a max of 283 ft of the linear field 7 ft of closer focus with 5.4 degrees angular of view. It has 61-74 mm of inter-papillary distance, which may not be suitable for narrowed eye people.
- Completely waterproof and ready to use in any weather condition.
- Provide proper focus and depth of focus.
- The overall performance of the binocular is worth the price.
- High-quality images in any light condition.
- Long durable product.
- Feels weighty in your hand.
- It takes time to adjust to maximum focusing.
4. Vortex Optics Diamondback 8×42 Roof Prism Binocular
If you need a more stable light, high-quality binocular, the Vortex Optics Diamondback Binocular could be a great option to consider. This 8×42 mm binocular can show you a distance object in more detail. Moreover, this rugged optic does well detecting anything in low light conditions.
It offers you a massive field of view with its multi-coated optics and advanced dielectric coated prisms. Like, other Vortex Diamondbacks, this one is also fog and waterproof comes with softly tapered eyecups and soft, natural grip rubber armor.
These quality binoculars also consist of light-transmitting anti-reflective optics with all air-to-glass surfaces. These 42mm lenses can magnify an object eight times with a maximum of 1000 yards of linear distance. The inter-papillary distance of this binocular is 57-73 mm, which is not so fit for narrowed-eye people.
However, glass users or regular users will like its 18mm long eye relief. Its closer focus and angular field of view are about 5ft and 8-degree, and that’s why it will be more flexible for watching birds, wildlife observation, etc.
It will give you a high-quality image with clear edges from a particular distance. It can be used for hunting, but if you need more power and high distance covering, then it might not be easy with this particular one.
READ FULL REVIEW OF VORTEX 8×42 BINOCULARS
- It comes with an easily adjustable center focus wheel that focuses both barrels simultaneously.
- The binocular’s eyecups are suitable to twist in different directions for a custom fit.
- Includes a right eye diopter for adjusting the differences of eyes of a user.
- It is also compatible to use with the adapter of the tripod.
- Sometimes shows color fringing in bright lights.
- Feels heaver.
5. Vortex Optics Diamondback 8×32 Binocular
Last but not least, our final review for the vortex diamondback binoculars review is for Vortex Optics Diamondback. This is also high quality and an affordable option for any hunter, or safari lover.
It gives you detail and a clear view of the object with its 8x magnification and 32mm lenses in any light condition. It has the usual Vortex Diamondback features like waterproof, Argon gas fog-proof feature, rubber armor, multi-coated lens prism, etc.
Also you will get some additional benefits of this binocular are like multi-position eyecups, center focus wheel, right eye diopter and tripod adaptability.
This Vortex Diamondback binocular consists of a 32mm diameter objective lens, along with 8x magnification. For a decent amount of power and range, this one is perfect. Also, its light-transmitting spicily coated lenses are very apt on a crisp, clear view with beautiful coloring. That means you get not only detail but also enjoy the view with an accurate color feel.
- Compact size, design, and weight, lightweight compared to other Diamondbacks.
- Gives a nice, bright view with detail in low light condition.
- Suitable to use in any weather condition.
- Very affordable.
- It has some problems with the view when moving. When you are moving the binocular to see objects, the entire field view is a “rolling ball” as objects pass in and out of focus.
The Vortex offers a lifetime of commitment for all their binoculars, covering any repair/replacement. This special offer is also transferable, which means you can pass on the warranty to your child or grandchild. Overall, all these optics from these Vortex Diamondback binoculars reviews are a lifetime investment.
Leave a Reply