Best Binoculars for the Money 2017 (Updated Buying Guide)
Finding the best binoculars for the money is one of the toughest jobs for hunters. Anyways, the experienced hunters already may know how important it is to keep a quality pair of binoculars during hunting. But for the beginners, they even don't know how or from where to begin with. If you admire simplicity, then it's always good to go for a small compact binocular.
Thinking about user’s comfortability, we create a collection of top best binoculars after a long-term research. These binoculars have all the potentials of providing a crystal-clear image with pin sharp detail right to the very edge of the lens. In this guideline, we tried to pick some top quality binoculars from different categories. We hope that at the end of this article, you can pick the best binoculars for your need among your budget.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Binoculars for the Money under 100-$150
- 2 Best Binoculars for the Money under 200- $300
- 3 Best Binoculars for the Money under $400-600
- 4 Best Binoculars for the Money under $1000
- 5 Best Binoculars for the Money in Action - Watch the Video Below
- 6 Conclusion
If you are looking for the best binoculars for 100 to under 150 dollars, then you have reached exactly at the right place. There are some small sized binoculars in the market, and those come with reduced power yet for average users this plays excellent. With this in mind, these binos have enough features and settings to suit your exact need. So let's check them.
Nikon 8252 ACULON A211 10-22x50 Zoom Binocular
Nikon 8252 Aculon A211 is one of the master classes in the art of minimalism and simplicity in a lower price. This is one of the compact additions of binoculars and looks very much attractive. It designed especially to be light and easy to handle. Besides, it has an easy to reach Fingertip Zoom control knob and allows its users a quick and easy adjustment.
Moreover, its ultra-protective rubber armor makes it easy to grip. Having this feature, you can be sure about no hassle even on a wet weather. The rubber armor feature also makes the device shock resistant. Do you know the dimension of this binocular? Well, very small in size only 4.25 x 4.25 x 8.58 inches. The magnification and focusing of the best binoculars for the money are very easy to adjust.
- Dimensions: 4.25x4.25x8.58 inches
- Weight: 3.06lbs
- Magnification: 10 - 22 x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 50mm
- Optical Zoom: 10x
- Sport Type: Hunting
- Focusing System: Central Focus.
- FOV at 1000 yds: 199 ft
- Close Focus Distance @10x ft: 49.2 ft.
- Exit Pupil: 2.3 - 5mm.
- Relative Brightness @ 10 x: 25
- Eye Relief @ 10 x: 8.6 mm
- Size (Length x Width): 7.8x7.8 in
- Prism Type: Porro
- Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses.
- Outstanding Ergonomic, Lightweight Body Design.
- Water and fog resistant.
- Capabilities of delivering a bright and clear image in most lighting conditions.
- Smooth Central Focusing Knob.
- It has Durable Rubber-Armored Coating.
- Easy to grip.
- Shockproof, extreme zooming capabilities.
- East to grab and attractive design.
- The zoom of it is a little bit huge.
- Few users complained it has a narrow field of view.
Polaris Optics WideViews HD 8X42 Professional Bird Watching Binoculars
You might already get some idea about this item by its name. Yes, as it said in the name above it is one of the best choices for bird watching. It has the ability to focus on up to 1000 yards out and it comes with some 430ft extra wide field for viewing. It is one of the Best Bird Watching Binoculars on the market today.
Do you want to see fine feather tips fluttering in the wind? If yes, then you must need this product. To feel like you are just an inch away, it has a laser of 8X close focus. In view of the fact, its wide views detail at almost 1000 yards made it one of the best binoculars for the money. Further, it has clear and bright modes to make your bird watching comfortable.
- Dimensions: 5.75 x 5 x 2 inches
- Weight: 1.6 lbs
- Magnification: 8X
- Objective Lens Diameter: 42mm
- Sports Type: Hunting, Bird Watching.
- Focusing System: Central Focus.
- FOV at 1000 yds: 430 Ft
- Exit Pupil: 5.25mm
- Prism Type: Roof/BaK4
- Diopter: Right eye, Center wheel.
- Come with right eye diopter.
- A close focus for closer views.
- Easily adjustable optics.
- Comfortable to hold, never slips.
- Lightweight, easy to operate.
- Extra-wide field of view.
- Phase-correction coated high index prisms makes clear, high contrast and sharp images.
- 42mm fully multi-coated lenses.
- Ergonomic, Compact and Durable designed.
- Nitrogen-filled body for waterproof and fog proof protection for any environment or weather.
- A little bit heavier
- The strap attachments are a bit weak.
Best Binoculars for the Money under 200- $300
If you want to buy, you can check the following best binoculars for 200 to under 300 dollars. Sometimes in these price ranges, you could get some nice accessories along with the binocular too. Here we will introduce you to another two models of best binoculars under 200-$300. Most of them have the lightweight structure with a wider field of view. So let's know about them.
Nikon 7576 MONARCH 5 8x42 Binocular
This fantastic Nikon 7576 MONARCH 5 8x42 Binocular has won already many users' satisfaction within a very short time. The reason behind gaining of satisfaction is its ideal combination of the facility with the price tag.
Many users voted and recommended this one as their best choices for binoculars. In particular, it uses a fully multicoated eco glass lenses. As a result, it can provide a high light transmittance across the entire visible light spectrum. Not only this had, but it also equipped with some user-friendly features to make this device more comfortable.
It has some useful attachments like a flip down lens caps, turn and slide rubber eyecups and smooth central focus knob, etc. Thus, it can provide sharper, clearer and more brilliant field of view with its premium ED glass.
- Focusing System: Central Focus.
- Magnification: 8 x
- Objective Diameter: 42 mm
- Angular Field of View (Real): 6.3 °
- Angular Field of View (Apparent): 47.5 °
- FOV at 1000 yds: 330 ft
- Close Focus Distance: 7.8 ft
- Exit Pupil: 5.25 mm
- Eye Relief: 19.5 mm
- Size (Length x Width): 5.7 x 5.1 in.
- Weight: 20.8 oz
- Prism: Roof
- Usable in any weather condition, waterproof and fog proof.
- More comfortable to hold.
- Brings images closer and makes them appear sharper.
- Excellent extra wide field of view.
- Extremely Portable and User-friendly usability.
- Lightweight Champion of Dawn & Dusk.
- Nikon’s ED Glass Lenses.
- Fully Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses makes the greater light transmission.
- Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coating systems.
- High-quality turn-and-slide rubber eyecups.
- Durable Rubber-Armored Body.
- Smooth Central Focus Knob.
- Often need to hold it away from your eyes to see properly.
- Few users complained about the eyepiece caps.
Vortex Optics New 2016 Diamondback 10x42 Roof Prism Binoculars
Vortex Optics New 2016 Diamondback is our next pick for the best binoculars for the money. You will be happy to know this model of binoculars is significantly smaller and lighter in weight. For this reason, it is able to provide a cleaner, crisper and brighter view that its previous model.
In this addition, this Vortex binocular has a great field of view, offers some great magnification and can function in low lights as well. Alongside the wide field of view will let you monitor large spaces. It's amazing multilayer prism coatings will help you get a clearer, brighter and color accurate images which makes it the best hunting binoculars for the money.
- Magnification: 10 x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
- Linear Field of View: 345 feet/1000 yards
- Angular Field of View: 6.6 degrees
- Close Focus: 5 feet
- Eye Relief: 16 mm
- Exit Pupil: 4.2 mm
- Interpupillary Distance: 57-73 mm
- Height: 5.9 inches
- Width: 5.6 inches
- Weight:24.4 ounces
- Superior quality hunting optics.
- Come with Rubber Armor, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Protective, durable, shockproof case.
- Can focus on objects in low light.
- Straps for easy carrying.
- Quick and easy focus.
- Fully Multi-Coated lenses.
- Fully Waterproof and Fog Proof.
- Adjustable, comfortable viewing Eyecups.
- Compatible with a tripod adapter.
- Not attachable eyepiece caps might lose sometimes.
- You might need to purchase an adaptable tripod separately.
Best Binoculars for the Money under $400-600
If you have a medium budget and want to buy the best binoculars for 300 to under 400 dollars, there are some standard binoculars models you can check. To lessen your effort, we tried to bring these similar kinds of binocular models that will definitely help you in your future hunting adventures. However, these are now on one of the highest demands because of the clearer image and extra wide field of view.
ATN BinoX 4-16 Smart Binocular
Our choice for a full-size binocular in this category is ATN BinoX 4-16 Smart Binocular. This is a great innovative blend of latest technology and quality. You can call this a versatile gear due to its compact size, usability, and durability. With this in mind powered by a powerful processor and utilizing a 1080p high-resolution sensor.
It comes with a distinct night vision capability to let you see images even in a low light. It works in daylight and night as well. Not only has this you can use its GPS and navigation featured to track your time. Even you can capture waypoints that you don’t want to forget in future. Besides, it includes an altimeter and compass and this will help you know where you are on the side of a long ridgeline.
- Magnification: 4 - 16 X
- FOV @ 1000 yds: 220 ft
- Objective Lens Diameter: 65 mm
- Angular Field of View: 6°
- Eye Relief: 10 - 30 mm
- Interpupillary Distance: 60 - 70 mm
- Weight: 1.75 lbs
- Dimension: 8.2" x 5" x 2.3"/208 mm x 127 mm x 59 mm
- Video Record Resolution: 1080p at 30 fps.
- Microphone: Yes
- MicroSD Card: From 4 to 64 GB
- Micro USB & HDMI: Yes
- WiFi (Streaming, Gallery & Controls): iOS & Android.
- GPS (Geotagging, Elevation, Etc.): Yes
- Battery Life (LI-ION): 6 - 8 hours
- Warranty: Two years.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Works at daylight or at night.
- Can record videos, GPS geotagging.
- Smooth zoom from 4X-16X.
- Distance clarity is perfect for your needs.
- Weather resistance waterproof and fog proof.
- Outstanding Ergonomics design.
- Smart HD Channel.
- Intuitive User Interface systems.
- Video Recording facilities.
- Capable of WiFi connectivity.
- Because of wifi, the battery doesn't stay long.
- Few users claimed it not great for detailed viewing.
Vortex Viper HD 12x50 Binoculars, Green VPR-5012-HD
We have seen many incredible views using this Vortex Viper HD 12x50 Binoculars, Green VPR-5012-HD. Those who totally confused about the best binoculars for the money then should definitely try to use this product. To begin with, Vortex Viper HD built in Japan and we all know the great quality of Japan made products.
Here the optics it used are very bright and clear. Moreover, it uses one of the latest roof prism technologies and uses only two lenses. The lenses are more prominent, forcing light to travel directly to the eyes. As well as the lenses are also anti-reflective.
It means it can allow you for high-quality images and the ability to use it in a bad lighting weather. Hence, it can provide a sharper image with good contrast. In this regard, the optics quality made it ideal for elk hunting or open ranges deer where long hours of glassing is the first demand.
- Magnification: 12 x.
- Close Focus: 8.5 feet.
- Exit Pupil: 4.2 mm.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 50 mm.
- Eye Relief: 15 mm.
- Angular Field of View: 4.8 degrees.
- Linear Field of View: 1000 yards/252 feet.
- Interpupillary Distance: 59-75 mm.
- Height: 6.7 inches.
- Width: 5.2 inches.
- Weight: 28 ounces.
- Deliver impressive resolution and color fidelity.
- Feature multilayer prism coatings for accurate images.
- Extremely durable and secure to hold.
- Twist eyelid for relaxed observation.
- Usable in extreme weather conditions.
- HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass.
- Fully Multi-Coated.
- Waterproof and Fog Proof.
- Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects.
- Rubber Armor non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Adjustable Eyecups.
- Tripod Adaptable.
- Center Focus Wheel.
- Stiffness with the focusing knob.
- Few users complained about the eyepiece covers.
Best Binoculars for the Money under $1000
When there are thousands of models and brands are available in online its much confusing to pick any specific one. There you can take some guideline on finding one of your best choices. If you are searching for the best binoculars for 400 to under 500 dollars, then you can read through the following lightweight binoculars.
It cost a little bit more, but you will get some advanced features with quality assurance here. So it's our recommendation to give them a try. Therefore, they have an ideal size and magnification for hunting.
Zeiss Conquest HD Binoculars 10x42
It's very hard to find a portable pair of best binoculars for the money. This particular Zeiss Conquest HD Binoculars 10x42 weighs less than 8 ounces. For this reason, you will not feel any difficulties to hang it on your neck for long hours at a time.
On the top of that, it is also possible to carry it at your hand for a daylong bird-catching trip. Besides, it made of absolute finest construction materials. Alongside the lenses are wonderful and have a high density.
In view of the fact, it can produce sharp and clear pictures without adding unnecessary weight. Here you do not have to worry about the wet weather, fog or water hassle. In fact, its 10×42 lenses are something incredible you might not find in other models.
This feature will help you take up close and personal pictures with your subjects. Its HD lens system ensures for perfect clarity. Above all these, functional and exceptional features make it worth ideal for bird watching, nature observation, and hunting activities.
- Magnification: 10 x
- Lens Diameter: 42 mm.
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 4.2 mm.
- Twilight Factors: 20.5
- Field of View @ 1000 yd: 345 ft
- Close Focus: 6.5 ft
- Pupil Distance: 52 - 74 mm
- Eye Relief: 17 mm
- Water Resistance: 400 mbar
- Length in Inch: 6.5 inch
- Weight: 28 oz
- Deliver user-friendly controls.
- Allow incredibly close focus.
- Rotatable and lockable eyecups.
- Weather resistant.
- Absolutely bright and sharp view.
- HD-lens system.
- Optimal ergonomics design.
- Innovative lens coating.
- Robust and precise.
- Precision at close quarters.
- Extra-wide field of view.
- Few users claimed the eye cups don't rise high enough.
- The focus knob is a bit sensitive.
Swarovski CL Pocket 8x25 Binoculars Sand
A close relative to the revered and most expensive Swarovski CL Pocket 8x25 Binoculars Sand is one of the good choice binoculars under $1000. Those who are waiting for the best binoculars for the money they can try this one. It featured standard glass and enhanced definition glass. From 2016 still, now it has some impressive activities, which won so many customers heart.
For instance, it is waterproof. So no matter what weathers you are passing you can carry it anywhere during your trip. Alongside it has a twilight factor of 20.5 as well as a short focus distance of 4.9 feet. Moreover, it comes with a safe locking mechanism having a center focus knob. Equipped with pechan prism system that is excellent to capture HD images.
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective lens diameter: 25mm
- Exit pupil (in/mm): 0.12/3.1
- Eye relief (in/mm): 0.67/17
- Field of view (ft/1000 yds / m/1000 m): 357/119
- Field of view: 6.8 degrees.
- FOV for eyeglass wearers: 6.8 degrees.
- Field of view, apparent: 52degrees.
- Focusing distance (m/f/): 2.5/8.2.
- Length approx. (in/mm): 4.3/110
- Width approx. (in/mm): 3.9/98
- Height approx. (in/mm): 1.8/46
- Weight approx. (oz/g): 12.2/345
- Excellent compact binoculars for travel.
- Impressive quality optics.
- Waterproof and fog proof.
- Double hinge design.
- Sturdy enough for outdoor activities.
- Big, comfortable Twist-Up Hypoallergenic Eyecups.
- 17mm Eye Relief.
- Fully Multicoated Optics.
- Bigger objective in the 8-power Pocket.
- Dual-Hinge Bridge Configuration.
- Center Focus Wheel.
- Field Bag Carrying Case Included.
- The stains are a little bit difficult to clean.
- Minimal eye relief for those who wear glasses.
Best Binoculars for the Money in Action - Watch the Video Below
Binoculars are a very important tool for viewing nature, hunting, stargazing, bird watching or other outdoor adventures. Because of this will allow you view the stunningly beautiful nature around your campsite.
To help you make an easy and wise decision we have tried almost thirty different binoculars. Then finally, we end up with these amazing best binoculars for the money collections. Overall, all of them have an ergonomic design, decent structure, easy focus ability, and durability. So we definitely like to recommend you to try these binoculars for your outdoor activities.